3 Habits that will Make your Day

I've always believed that there's no need to do the cleaning every single day as our mothers did. If you have a full time job and no housekeeper, you may struggle to keep things in order; you surely get home really tired and the last thing you think of is "house chores"; Indeed, I feel I'd waste my last few drops of energy if I started to do the dusting, wash floors, clean windows...  After school and until my little men go to bed, I devote my time to my family.
Reading lots of blogs on house organization and trying different methods have led me to the conclusion that if I want to live longer and be happier I must let go of perfection, which was quite hard  at the beginning. I'm not a superwoman (though I'd love to... ) and I can't do everything, so planning on doing everything will only lead me to frustration and stress. Just choosing only four or five important tasks ( I mean, those that really make a difference) and do them everyday is enough. I've also realised that what makes my home look clean isn't just cleaning but decluttering; so whenever I don't have time for both I always declutter first.
I know that at the beginning of the day time runs so fast ( getting dressed, make up, the kids, breakfast, blablabla...) that it seems impossible to do anything extra! However, the following chores take just a few minutes (no more than 15 minutes, I promise!) and they will change your life. Indeed, doing them will make you feel calmer and relieved from stress; otherwise, you'll have to do them when you get home..
Put the dishes away. I can't stand a messy kitchen. I spend a lot of time there and seeing food or dishes (either clean or dirty) on the counters just gets on my nerves.
put dishes away
Make beds. I always make the beds in the morning. This is one of the things about house organization that makes me feel really good.

messy bedroom

Fast decluttering. The last thing I do before leaving home is making sure things are in order; as I already decluttered the night before, there aren't many things to tidy up (maybe, some clothes in the bathroom and a couple of toys in the bedroom).
declutter
So as you see, these are very simple tasks anyone can do. They work for me, and I hope they might be useful for you.
What do you do in the mornings? What are your morning chores? Feel free to share your ideas and leave your comments.

No comments: